Discover Living In Milton
As one of Ontario’s newest and most unique cities, Milton never ceases to entertain.
Nestled at the foot of the Niagara Escarpment and between bigger cities like Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, and Hamilton, when you’re living in Milton, Ontario, you are close enough to fun events, but just far enough away to enjoy a quiet life too.
Milton Transit is the main transit provider of buses that connects to Milton GO Station, which further connects to larger cities in Ontario.
So whether you commute to work, want to attend a sporting event in Toronto or a concert in Hamilton, there are convenient transit systems to get you there.
Learn more about the transportation systems that run throughout Milton here.
No matter what your interests or hobbies are, there are facilities in Milton to suit your interests.
Whether you enjoy the arts, sports, libraries, shopping or other leisure activities, there are facilities to match your wants and needs.
A sampling of Milton’s facilities are listed below:
- Centre for the Arts: Milton’s own Centre for the Arts is the community’s hub for creativity. Whether you are looking to engage in performing, visual, media, or literary arts, this is the place for you. In the past, they have offered performances, lecture series, and comedy shows.
- Milton Leisure Centre: The Leisure Centre offers a wide range of recreational activities for people of all ages, including fitness, aquatics, and recreational and other special interest programs.
- Sherwood Community Center: A new complex for Milton that offers a lap pool, skating rinks, community multi-purpose rooms, fitness centre, outdoor park and library.
- Milton Sports Centre and Arena: The Sports Centre offers a wide range of activities and amenities, including a fitness studio, double gymnasium, an indoor track, and more!
- Milton Velodrome: Built for the Pan American Games in 2015, the Mattamy National Cycling Centre is the only velodrome of its kind in all of Canada. It serves as both a community recreation facility and a venue for provincial, national, and international events.
- Toronto Premium Outlet Mall: One of two premium outlet centres in Canada, the Toronto Premium Outlets offers incredible deals from more than 80 retailers. The ideal destination for frugal, fashionable shoppers.
Discover more of Milton’s amenities here.
Milton Sports Hall of Fame
Milton has a rich sports history. With encouragement from the Town of Milton, a group of local residents have come together to formally recognize its top athletes, teams, sports advocates and supporters via the creation of The Milton Sports Hall of Fame, which will pay tribute to those who have brought us so much excitement and pride.
The Milton Sports Hall of Fame will provide an opportunity to recognize, honour and preserve the sports accomplishments and contributions of our community.
Find out more about it here.
Want To Learn More About Milton?
To learn more about living in Milton, Ontario, contact us today.